- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Seeking Race Sponsorship Co-Chair for the 2017 Komen Central Valley Race for the Cure
Title: Sponsorship Co-Chair
Reports To: Affiliate Development Manager
Attendance: Race meeting every 2nd Tues of the month
The Sponsorship Co-Chair will work closely with the Affiliate Development Manager to identify and secure sponsors for the Komen Central Valley Race for the Cure, both cash and in-kind.
- Work closely with the Affiliate Development Manager to develop a target list of potential sponsors with key contact names and addresses that does not conflict with Official Race Series Partners
- Work with the Affiliate Development Manager to create a local sponsorship package for the Komen Central Valley Race for the Cure. Create “corporate sponsorship” information about the Komen Organization, the Komen Race for the Cure®, the local Race organization, facts about breast cancer, current or formerly funded local projects (information from your community profile), details about the event, a contract, etc.
- Work with the Affiliate Development Manager to write introductory letters and schedule mailings, calls and meetings for sponsorship solicitation
- Work with the Affiliate Development Manager and use Komen Headquarters sample (update for your Affiliate) contract/agreement outlining expectations and obligations of the sponsor and the Race committee; forward copies to Komen Headquarters (draft and final). This document not only points out what the sponsor will do for the Race, but what the Race will do for the sponsor in the way of banners, entry forms, placement on signage (including t-shirts), etc.
- Set up Sponsor Expo at Race venue the day prior to Race. Liaison for Affiliate Development Manager and Sponsors during set up and on Race day
- Deliver a commemorative gift to sponsors on Race day
- Write acknowledgment letters Post-Race and prepare a report for the Race Wrap up meeting scheduled for 2 weeks Post-Race
Time Commitment (estimate per week/month): Approximately 4-6 hours/week
If interested, please email email@example.com.