Komen NCCA Seeking Bi-Lingual Breast Care Coordinator
Title: Bi-Lingual Breast Care Coordinator Contract Consultant
Reports To: Executive Director
Office Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
Employment Status: Two Year Contract Consultant
Salary & Benefits: Competitive Salary
The Breast Care Coordinator will serve as a contract consultant to Susan G. Komen Northern and Central California to provide outreach, education and coordination of mobile breast cancer screening to individuals who are non-compliant with their breast cancer screening.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Outreach by mail and phone to motivate individuals to complete a screening mammogram.
- Provide education about the importance of early detection and mammography.
- Work with Komen Fresno staff to schedule and coordinate mobile mammography events in Fresno County.
- Schedule via mail and phone to facilitate noncompliant individuals to mammography screening.
- Track all communication with noncompliant individuals.
- Follow-up with individuals to encourage consistent screening and behavior change.
- Providing data on feedback, successes, challenges & learnings, schedule rates and mammography completion.
- Bilingual and proficient Spanish speaker required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, social work or other related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in related field preferred.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Skilled at discussing breast health, cancer and related topics.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer outreach, screening events and follow-up.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a diverse population and volunteers. Dedication to principles of inclusion.
- A high degree of integrity that garners the trust and respect of others.
- Professional approach with the ability to meet deadlines and quickly establish priorities.
- Organizational skills with thoroughness, timeliness, and detail when working under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking, lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Hearing, listening, seeing, talking, reading.
- Office environment – employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily
occasional temperature changes.
- Travel to Fresno for screening events.
- Work hours: some evening and weekend work
Send resume and cover letter by June 15, 2018: kmacmillan@komenNCCalifornia.org.