- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Small Grants Program
Susan G. Komen Northern & Central California is currently offering Small Grants up to $5,000 to support breast cancer screening and diagnostic services for the uninsured and underinsured, as well as community outreach and education to underserved communities. Komen Northern & Central California is also offering travel scholarships up to $2,000.
For applications seeking funds greater than $5,000, please refer to our Community Grants Program. Komen Northern & Central California Small Grant Applications are accepted for our fiscal year April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
All proposals must be submitted online through the Grants eManagement System (GeMS). Please do not email or send applications to the Komen Northern & Central California office as they will not be considered for funding.
Award notifications are generally made within four weeks from submission.
Small Grant Eligibility
To be eligible for a small grant, we request that you conform to the following criteria to be considered for funding:
- Applicants must ensure that all past and current Komen-funded grants or awards are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements.
- Project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer.
- The applicant must be a non-profit organization with federal tax exemption. Individuals may not receive grants.
- Small Grant applicants are restricted to one award per year, per program.
- If you are a current Small Grant recipient, you may not apply for another Small Grant until you have submitted your final report for your current Small Grant-funded project.
- Institutions must provide services within our 29 county service area.
- If applicant, or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety in the 12 months prior to the submission deadline for the application, then applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant until 12 months after conviction. After such 12 month period, applicant must demonstrate in its application that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not occur.
All proposals must be submitted online through the Grants eManagement System (GeMS)
If you would like to request a GeMS user guide or Small Grant RFA, please email email@example.com.
Please do not email or send applications to the Komen Northern & Central California office as they will not be considered for funding.